Who We Help
Enrollment in BTTF programs is reserved for a specific, vulnerable population of individuals in need of breast screening, diagnostic care and treatment.
BTTF receives patient referrals from community partner organizations and determines eligibility based on a variety of factors.
Enrollment in BTTF programs is reserved for individuals who:
- Reside in New York City (all five boroughs)
- Live at 200% to 400% of the Federal Poverty Level, or earn approximately $25,300 to $46,500 annually
- Are uninsured
- Are ineligible for Medicaid or other state or federal assistance
- Are ineligible for New York State Cancer Services Programs (NYSCSP) due to age or other restrictions
- Costs of insurance coverage through New York State of Health exceed 8% of income
Additionally, BTTF is singular in its ability to facilitate valuable and otherwise inaccessible services in the following areas:
- Mammograms for patients ages 35-39
- MRI(s) unavailable to all NYSCSP patients (restrictions apply to all ages, all boroughs)
- Mammograms for patients ages 40-49 impacted by continued NYSCSP budgetary restrictions
- Diagnostic services for “under-insured” patients who would incur extreme medical debt or bankruptcy under existing coverage*
*Limited availability, subject to review and approval on a case-by-case basis.